Local to Richmond, 27k – 29k dependent on experience + benefits
Well established, professional business conference organisation, require a Conference Manager to support the growth of their business.
As Conference Manager you will have overall management and full responsibility for clients, providing information, advice and support for their events.
Some of your day to day tasks will include:
- liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements
- producing detailed plans for events, managing the budget, securing suitable venues and hotels
- ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to
- coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire
- identifying and securing speakers or special guests
- planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and demonstrations
- liaising with clients and designers to create a brand for the event and organising theproduction of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures
- providing regular reports to keep the client informed of progress of each project
- support client organisations with regular reviews and updating procedures and policies as required and to assist them in achieving their objectives
- preparing an annual schedule of activities for client organisations and to ensure that deadlines are observe
To fulfil the role of Conference Manager you will:
- Have proven events of conference management experience.
- A background of knowledge in academic or scientific events would be a distinct advantage
- Thrive in a pressured environment
- Have the ability to prioritise a heavy workload and have keen attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communications skills and have excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Skilled in Excel, Word and Outlook and be comfortable in learning new software packages
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and a reliable team player with a can-do attitude and a hardworking approach.
- Ability to manage a small team including
Monday to Friday – 9am – 5:30pm, potential longer hours may be required, particularly in the run up to events
Weekend and evening may also be necessary and overnight stays away from home will be required for residential conferences.